Nicole by OPI My Lifesaver & Julep Portia

Posted by Miss.Anthropic | Posted in , , , , | Posted on 1:00 PM

0

This week, I applied 2-3 coats of Nicole by OPI My Lifesaver over 1 base coat of Essie Ridge Filling Base Coat, with one light coat of Julep Portia on top.  I think I might have gotten a bad or tampered-with bottle of My Lifesaver from drugstore.com because it was like trying to apply Elmer's Glue, thick and gummy.  Bleh.  I will try to put in some nail polish thinner next time to see if I can save the bottle from the trash (lol name irony).
I kind of wish I had bought a bottle of China Glaze For Audrey instead, My Lifesaver was less of the robin egg blue I wanted, and more greenish.  It's a little too bright or something, it just doesn't have a flattering look.  The Portia glitter helps a little though, for me, gives it more of a 'day at the beach' look.  This is maybe a good polish for those trying to do more of a "doll" or "lolita" look.

I had to do 3 coats of the polish to even it out, it goes on very opaque, but shows brush strokes way too easily.  It went on very messily, despite efforts to smooth it out.  I didn't bother with much of a top coat or cleaning it up well because I plan on changing polish soon.  Can't wait to try out the new Julep America the Beautiful!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment