Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Makeup in 48 Purple Diamond Chrome & Julep Nail Vernis in Portia

Posted by Miss.Anthropic | Posted in , , , | Posted on 5:58 PM

0


I was recently feeling nostalgic about Sally Hansen Chrome nail polish, so I picked up a few on eBay.  This particular one was a bit of a disappointment.  It's not really chrome.  It is more of a metallic that you could mistake as normal nail polish.  It's sort of a dark plum purple.  I thought it looked a bit boring by itself so I slapped on a coat of Julep Portia aqua glitter. It's a nice glitter, it seems like it would go with a lot of things.  I just became a Julep Maven this month and I will make another post on my first month's package soon.

And then one coat of Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield.  I'm hard on manicures, so I almost always do a top coat.  Also did a base coat of Essie Ridge Filling.

Much to my amusement, I happened to kind of match my manicure to my wedding ring, as you can see from the top pic.  I did not do this on purpose.  I wasn't sure what exact color I would be getting with this nail polish.  It's okay, but I'm not enamored with it.  It went on a little too thick and it was significantly streaky whether I tried to apply it thinly or thickly.  I had to do 2-3 coats to mask the streaks.  Luckily as it dried the streakyness minimized a little.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment