Julep Hailee, Julep Matte Top Coat, & Color Club What a Drag

Posted by Miss.Anthropic | Posted in , , , , | Posted on 1:15 PM

0

1 coat Essie Ridge Filling Base Coat, only on accent fingers
2 coats Julep Hailee OR Color Club What a Drag (accent)
1 coat Julep Matte Top Coat




These are both dense colors and almost good with one coat, but I would go with 2 or 3.

Julep Hailee is a matte polish, dark frosty olive green.  I don't totally like Julep's matte formula.  It dries very quickly, but it shows flaws easily.  I actually did a manicure with it before, but it wasn't playing well with either my base coat or glossy top coat and turned gummy, melty and wouldn't dry, I had to remove it the next day.

Color Club What a Drag is a very shiny light silver foil.  With a matte top coat, it is still shiny but notably toned down, like aluminum foil with a coating.

I took the pic above about 2 days in.  As you can see, Julep Hailee, even with the Julep Matte top coat, has terrible staying power.  My right (dominant) hand looks much worse.  Big chunks flaking off within short order.  Since I use my hands a lot, I expect to get some light wear off the tips within a few days, but I've had very few polishes flake off from the middle like this.  Not good quality at all.

I guess I will just use this polish for one day use in the future, unless I obtain a matte top coat with much better staying power.  The problem lies with the polish though - neither one of my silver nails have flaked.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment